Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae turns education dreams into reality for its 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
The Manager, Unified Communications / Telecom is responsible for the management of the IT Telecom Dialer team that delivers technology solutions to the various collection business areas throughout the company. Responsible for the IT service levels for these technology solutions that are being delivered to the business.
Works closely with the various groups that are users of these systems, or have input to the delivery of these technology solutions (e.g. business areas, vendors -- Noble, Avaya, NICE, etc, Information Security, Audit and other IT areas) to:
- Understand and agree with their change requirements
- Agree on the prioritization of those change requests
- Manage the subsequent workload generated by these requests with available resources
Provides overall direction and guidance to assigned team members. Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports. Primary duties include management of the team and the vendors that make up the technology solutions (e.g. Noble, etc.) Customarily and regularly directs the work of three or more employees. Responsible for evaluating and making decisions [or recommendations] concerning hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or other changes of status for employees under their supervision.
1. Project Work
* Work closely with the various groups that are users of these systems, or have input to the delivery of these technology solutions (e.g. business areas, vendors -- Noble, Avaya, NICE, etc, Information Security, Audit and other IT areas) to:
* Understand and agree with their change requirements
* Agree on the prioritization of those change requests
* Manage the subsequent workload generated by these requests with available resources
* Develop and manage the project list of activities to agreed to dates with appropriate communication taking place back to requesting area.
* Manage the several resources that are responsible for the on time delivery of project activities (e.g. Telecom team members, IT resources, business users and vendors, etc).
* Provide Project Manager role for those projects that are Telecom led, and insure team participates on I&O led projects where they are the team members.
2. IT Service Delivery
* Manage to agreed to service levels to the business
* Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by Corporate and IT standards (e.g. change and problem management, Information Security, etc.)
* Interface with business to keep them regularly informed of problem situations and plans for improvement.
* Take the lead and manage all "red and yellow" alert situations to their satisfactory conclusion.
* Take proactive steps to look for ways to avert problems from occurring in the first place.
* Champion automation activities to prevent problems from occurring and being in a position to quickly get the business back to working.
* Manage the vendors that make up these technology solutions.
3. Customer Service and Teamwork
* Build effective and trusting relationships with the various business areas that are users of Dialer technologies.
* Keep customers informed of service levels, project activities, emerging technologies and any relevant information relating to these areas.
* Effectively communicate with project teams, customers and vendors making them feel a part of the team.
* Form close partnerships with other teams and help to influence their direction.
* As Project Manager, responsible for supervising and coordinating the efforts of project team members. These teams may be internal or may be virtual teams drawn from multiple vendors, departments and locations.
4. Leadership and Personnel Management
* Demonstrate ability to effectively lead and coach staff to achievement of IT and departmental goals.
* Leads by example across organizational boundaries.
* Demonstrate sense of urgency for business requests and resolution of production issues.
* Works with directs to develop career goals and improvement plans to meet personal goals.
* Shows transparency with business and technology interactions to insure best possible results.
* Works with team members to develop their skill sets and opportunities for advancement.
5. Financial Management
* Is effective at estimating costs and timing for completing requested work activities.
* Is effective at developing technology proposals with business cases and cost benefit analysis.
* Works within budget guidelines for both daily operational activities as well as project work.
1. In managing production, is expected to take the lead on all "red and yellow" alert situations managing the problem to resolution, escalating when deemed necessary.
2. In working with the business areas developing work plans, will be required to size efforts, agree on priorities and deliverable dates.
3. In managing vendors (e.g. Noble, etc), agreeing to action plans and escalating to appropriate management when felt to be necessary.